Sunday 16th April 2006


Ron wheeled me to the French hotel where we handed in our flares in exchange for finishers tee shirts. A lot of the guys went touring the town and souks but I lay in the shade with my legs up. In the afternoon I returned to the hotel, managed another bath and put my kilt on for the presentation ceremony. A lot of speeches but plenty of good food and beer. Met the Japanese models, Paul Le Guen, the new Rangers manager and had a chat with Patrick Bauer. The sight of a kilted Scotsman in remotest Morocco on a trolley was clearly unusual and attracted considerable interest. All competitors were banned from hotel pools due to their toxic feet. Sadly could not manage the disco at night but struggled through a great meal with the guys from tent 87. Unusually for me, I was unable to partake in too much alcohol as by now my legs and feet were about to burst through my kilt socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment